Deepak Sharma, Chief Digital Officer, Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Deepak Sharma heads Kotak Mahindra Bank’s digital initiatives where he drives digital transformation, business model innovation & future ready initiatives of the bank. He is responsible for efficiency, productivity, customer experience & growth of business through digital intervention across digital channels, lending, payments, investments, insurance, trade & forex, across Consumer, SME & Institutional banking segments. View More
- Deepak also leads the Innovation Lab, Design Studio, Fintech partnerships and Start-up ecosystem participation for the bank. Under his leadership, Kotak launched several innovative and global first products like 811, Jifi, Hashtag banking, Bharat Banking, M-Store & Kaypay, apart from new initiatives like API Banking, BYOD Biometric Banking & Robotic Process Automation. Deepak believes in constant innovation and focuses on building business models which are customer centric, value accretive and disruptive. Deepak has worked across various international markets and brings global perspective to his business. Prior to this, he was responsible for setting up the Bank’s highly successful Non Resident Indian (NRI) & International Remittance business. Deepak also played a key role in launching the Bank’s affluent banking programme - Privy League. With over 24 years of experience, Deepak’s professional tenure spans across the banking, telecom and service verticals. Prior to joining Kotak, he was part of the leadership team of Consumer Banking at Standard Chartered bank from 2003 to 2008. As National Head for Corporate Business, he was responsible for building the corporate payroll and Wealth Management business. Deepak has completed an advanced programme in Strategy from IIM Calcutta & Lead Certified in Corporate Innovation from Stanford GSB. He is a member of the FICCI National Committee on Fintech 2017-18, Internet & Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) apart from participating at various trade & Government initiatives on Digital India Roadmap. He is also associated with the NASSCOM Startup 10K program and mentors fintech & start-up ecosystems on an ongoing basis.
Sandeep Murthy, Partner, LightBox
- As an early investor in InMobi, InfoEdge and Shopclues, three of India's billion dollar technology companies, Sandeep Murthy is one of the builders of India's Internet economy. And he hasn't just seen the highs and lows play out as an investor, but actually roughed it out in operational roles including one as the CEO of Cleartrip in 2006 for three years.View More
- Sandeep did his undergrad in both business and engineering from the University of Pennsylvania as well as an MBA at Wharton. After teaming up with a friend to build a digital music company and a few years of living the Bay Area dream, he moved to New York City to join InterActive Corp (IAC) where he helped launch Gifts.com. He started to explore the India technology opportunity and ultimately moved to Mumbai to manage investments for Sherpalo Ventures, a fund based out of Menlo Park in California. Today he's a co-founder and partner at Lightbox, a Mumbai-based venture capital firm investing in Indian consumer technology companies. The firm’s most recent investments include Furlenco, Droom, Melorra, Embibe and Faasos. He works closely with entrepreneurs to build out internet-based models of consumption in India.
Krishnan Dharmarajan, Executive Director, Centre for Digital Financial Inclusion, CDFI
- Krishnan Dharmarajan heads the Centre for Digital Financial Inclusion (CDFI), Institute for Financial Management and Research as its Executive Director. The Centre aims to develop and scale digital payment innovations and digital financial products and platforms aimed at poor or otherwise excluded population segments. View More
- CDFI partners and supports various organizations, including Government agencies in India at the Central and State levels, in evolving program implementation frameworks that leverage technology to provide benefits to the poor. The emphasis has been on re-imagining service delivery to the poor around innovations in the financial space. Prior to joining CDFI, Krishnan was Commissioner (Systems), CBEC, Govt of India where he worked on conceptualization and establishment of the Goods and Services Tax Network. Krishnan also worked for five years at the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India as Principal Consultant and Advisor for India’s National e-Governance Plan, where he was variously responsible for Program Monitoring, Strategic Planning, Capacity Building, Institutional Restructuring and Multilateral Funding for large e-governance programs. This was preceded by 18 years of work spanning establishment of nation-wide indirect tax systems, telecom regulation, revenue administration and systems engineering. Krishnan received Government’s commendation for development of a mobile banking framework for the unbanked in the year 2010. He is recipient of the President of India’s award for distinguished service in the year 2006. Krishnan took early retirement from the Indian Revenue Service in 2014. He is a Computer engineer and a post graduate in management.
Ganesh Rengaswamy, Co - founder, Quona Capital
- Ganesh is a seasoned entrepreneur and venture investor. Prior to joining Accion Frontier Investments in 2014, Ganesh was a General Partner of Lok Capital, a venture growth fund that invests in social enterprises with innovative and technologically advanced services in financial inclusion, education and employability. View More
- Ganesh previously served as the Asia Director for Unitus Inc., a global organization that works to reduce poverty by finding commercially sustainable solutions in financial inclusion. Prior to Unitus, he led the entry of Silicon Valley-based venture capital fund Greylock Partners into the Indian market and co-founded Travelguru.com, which was acquired by Travelocity. Early in his career, Ganesh worked for Infosys where he was responsible for customer acquisition and growth engagements for US-based Fortune 1000 clients. Ganesh current and past investment and entrepreneurial advisory roles include Unitus Seed Fund, Village Capital, the Indian Angel Network, Accion Venture Lab, GSF Accelerator, IIM-Ahmedabad and ISB, and he has been featured on Bloomberg, CNBC, and The Economic Times. Ganesh previously served on the boards of Hippocampus Learning Centres, Rural Shores and Shubham.
Bhaktha Keshavachar, Co - founder & CTO, Ezetap
- Desperate to put "Made in India" on a product designed and manufactured in India, Bhaktha has led the architecture and development of the flagship mobile payment product and platform which enables any merchant, retail or enterprise, to accept payments in all digital forms in a smart way. View More
- Ezetap's product crafting involves hardware design, mechanical design (both ID and MD}, firmware development, mobile (and other platforms) app development and server application development. Bhaktha worked for a large microprocessor company for more than a decade before taking the entrepreneurial plunge and co-founding Ezetap. Bhaktha was born and brought up in Bangalore. He studied in a Govt. School till his middle school, was a Josephite during high school and pre-university; and got his degree in engineering from UVCE. He also has a Masters from Arizona State. His main hobby is bare-foot long distance running and occasionally also loves riding his bike on Sunday mornings to de-stress.
KA Srinivasan, Partner & CFO, Ventureast
- K A Srinivasan (KAS) is a Partner & CFO at Ventureast, focuses on Fintech and Food tech sectors. Besides investment, he also oversees the Fund administration, Investor reporting, Valuation and Deal structuring. He assists the portfolio companies in designing their internal controls and monitoring processes.View More
- KAS has over 25 years of experience in finance & accounting and operations with multiple verticals - Manufacturing, Processing and Services. Prior to joining Ventureast, he set up his own Finance and Accounting Outsourcing (FAO) business, and sold it to Aditya Birla group. He was the Global Finance Controller for Sutherland Global Services, a US based BPO, wherein he set up the shared services platform and implemented ERP across the globe. He held several senior positions in A V Thomas group and also managed their agro operation. KAS is a Chartered and Cost Accountant by profession. He is passionate about photography, tamil literature, sketching and loves to travel with family.
Rohit Krishna, SVP, Chief of Commercial & Market Development, Vodafone M - Pesa
- Rohit has played a pivotal role in establishing the mobile money business, leading the way for digitization of payments and financial inclusion for Vodafone M-Pesa. His professional experience of 20 years spans across industries and geographies, building a strong track record of transformational leadership, successful turnarounds and leading for impact. View More
- Having joined Vodafone in 2007, Rohit has held several senior management positions across India including being the National Head for Postpaid Business and S&M Head for M&G circle. He has been associated with Vodafone M-Pesa for 3 years now. He is passionate about financial inclusion and digitization, and technology lead disruption. Prior to joining telecom, Rohit gained valuable sales experience in the Banking Industry with renowned names like Kotak Mahindra and Standard Charted Bank. Rohit is an alumnus of Symbiosis from where he completed his MBA in Marketing & Finance. He likes to spend time with his family which includes an adorable set of twins, travelling and socializing.